The SMART529 Program offers three plans for college savings investors:
SMART529 WV Direct
This plan is only open to West Virginia residents, or to account owners on behalf of West Virginia beneficiaries.
- Invest directly in the SMART529 WV Direct plan.
- A “no-load” plan that offers a simplified set of investment options with no sales or distribution charges.
- There is no minimum initial or subsequent investment requirement.
- There are no sales, application, or annual maintenance fees.
- Simplified Investment Options.
Information about SMART529 Select is available in greater detail at www.SMART529Select.com.
- Invest directly in the SMART529 Select plan.
- A “no-load” plan designed to offer low-cost investment options with no sales or distribution charges.
- Investment management by Dimensional Fund Advisors (link to their site).
- Open an account for as little as $250 with a $25 minimum per fund for subsequent investments.
- Utilize the plan’s Payroll Direct Deposit if available or Automatic Investment Program (AIP) from your bank’s checking or savings account for regular savings.
- There are no sales or application fees, and the $25 annual maintenance fee is waived for account balances utilizing AIP or those over $25,000.
The Hartford® SMART529®
Offered by the West Viriginia College Prepaid Tuition and Savings Program Board of Trustees
The Hartford SMART529 is available nationally*, exclusively through financial investment professionals. An investment professional will tailor your portfolio to meet your family’s particular needs.
Investors interested in learning more about The Hartford SMART529 may visit the College Savings section on hartfordfunds.com.
*Residents of states other than West Virginia should investigate any state tax advantages for investing in their home state 529 plans before investing in another 529 plan.
MUN 113021-1 3/13