Did you know?
- You can use SMART529 savings for private K-12 tuition
- You can save for both K-12 tuition and college expenses in one account
- You can access funds in your account at any time
How does it work?
- Use for K-12 tuition up to $10,000 per year, per child*
- No minimum investment
- Earnings accumulate tax-free
- Simple payment distribution options
- Investment returns are not guaranteed, and you could lose money by investing in the Plan.
*Distributions are free from federal and West Virginia state tax. Non-qualified withdrawals are taxable as ordinary income to the extent of earnings and may also be subject to a 10% federal income tax penalty.
Convenient way to save
- Choose between portfolios designed for a range of risk tolerances and time horizons
- Automatic payroll deduction
- Family and friends can help save with gifting programs